Old Honest Abe Lincoln must be spinning in his grave. The office he so revered in the country he so loved, has been turned into a den of iniquity. It has become a haven for liars, incompetent fools and ethically challenged misfits. And it is all being led by the Chief Executive Misfit and King of broken promises and lies, Donald J. Trump., He gets an “A” for effort in combining his super-ego with broken promises and lies. He has accomplished few things, but that’s because everyone else failed him.
There are and will be a number of evaluations on Trump’s first hundred days in office but no one will surpass the critique offered by The Simpsons. https://www.recode.net/2017/4/26/15443048/simpsons-donald-trump-first-100-days-white-house
If you are still a Trump supporter after the last 100 days, you are going to soon find your ranks diminishing in greater numbers. Why? Because he hoodwinked you and will not keep his promises. Now, before you say it is because of Democrat obstructionism, think again. Republicans have an overwhelming majority in the house and a strong majority in the senate along with having the White House. They should be able to pass any bill they want, but they can’t because Trump has been found out. He is not a Republican and never was, he only played one on TV. He is a Trumpocrat or a Trumplican working to establish a Trumpire. Anything that holds any benefit for him, personally is what he is for. His entire career has been based on lies aimed at enhancing his image and his wealth, why would he change now?
So you might ask how he has betrayed you. I’ll give you just a few examples of his hypocrisy — his claims and promises that in the end cause the greatest harm to the very people who were his strongest supporters.
- Obamacare. Trump said that he would repeal and replace it and everyone would be covered. The bill that was voted on covered far fewer people than Obamacare. The house could easily have voted to repeal and replace without a single democratic vote, yet they couldn’t agree, and likely will never agree because the split between conservatives, moderates, and Trump is just too wide. Obamacare is here to stay.
- The wall. It will not get built– ever! He’s had his chance and his own party is dragging their feet, and the closer it gets to the 2018 elections the less likely it is that the wall will even be considered. No Republican, even in the Border States, wants to run for office with the multi-billion dollar wall hanging around their necks. Mexico is not going to pay for it and they’ve said so and there’s no way Trump can make them. So in order to build this totally unnecessary monument to himself, he’s trying to saddle you, the taxpayer, with the bill.
- Broad base of support.There never was such a thing and even if there was it is slowly diminishing. Rush Limbaugh, one of Trump’s strongest supporters is now attacking him. When Trump withdrew his demand that the wall must be part of the budget negotiations, Limbaugh threw a hissy fit. Limbaugh supporters are loyal first to Limbaugh and then to Trump but only on the condition that Limbaugh supports Trump. As Limbaugh withdraws his support, his followers will do the same and the Trump 30 percent approval rating will take a nose dive.
- Executive Orders.During the campaign, Trump complained about all the Executive orders Obama had signed. He opined that executive orders were only issued because Obama couldn’t pass his legislation. Now, look at who is signing executive orders at a rate unequaled by any President in our history. Why is Trump doing that? Because even with a Republican congress he cannot pass his legislation. But executive orders only affect the agencies he controls and can pay for. If he needs money, he has to go to congress.
- Tax reduction. He promised you, the middle class, the working class, blue collar workers that he would have a tax plan that would put money back in your pocket. Wednesday he offered a summary of his plan. It gives the wealthiest people in America huge tax breaks. He is doing that without cutting spending which only says we will go further in debt. Did he cut spending in some areas? Yes, but he also increased the defense department budget by more than he cut from elsewhere. Net result? America goes deeper in debt.
An analysis of Trump’s campaign plan by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that the average gains for the top 0.1 percent of earners would be 14 percent of their after-tax income, versus just 1.8 percent for the middle fifth of earners and 0.8 percent for the poorest fifth.
Depending on the details, it is calculated that the proposed changes to deductions could increase taxes for many middle-income and lower-income taxpayers, including single-parent households and families with several children.
- Foreign affairs.He’s done a 180 on that subject. Highly critical of China during the campaign he has done an about-face as President. He is licking the boots of the Chinese while he is making enemies of super allies, friends and trading partners like Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico and the United Kingdom. One might call his strategy, “The Art of the schlemiel” or “The art of the schlimazel.” Those two terms are Yiddish and often explained by Jewish people this way. “A schlemiel is somebody who often spills his soup and a schlimazel is the person it lands on.” Both are unlucky, inept, and failure prone.
- Vacations. During the campaign, he told you.that he would work so hard for you that he would likely “never leave the White House,” he said Obama took far too many vacations at unheard of cost to the taxpayer. Now that he’s president he’s gone from the White House almost as often as he is there. Not only does he go to Mar-a-Lago every other weekend, he just recently announced that the south Florida resort would also be the winter White House. He is already on a pace to spend more on vacations this year alone than President Obama did in two terms. In the meantime, he has doubled membership fees in Mar-a-Lago from $100,000 to $200,000 a year. Your tax dollars are paying for the advertising and promotion of his golf resort.
- Fake News. He complains often about so-called “Fake News.” If you study those claims you’ll see that he nails “fake news” to almost any story that casts a negative light on his administration, no matter how minor. That’s an interesting charge from the man who generated the phoniest of all fake news stories when he failed to provide a scintilla of evidence for his charge that President Obama was not born in the U.S.A. He told that lie for years and promised amazing results from his investigation and in the end, he provided nothing, zero, zilch, nada, niente. The “Fake News” President is only proving that he is a “Fake President.”
- More outright lies.He has told so many lies as to make one wonder when he is telling the truth. He is, as Ted Cruz said, “a pathological liar.” Following are just a few of his lies.
- The Lie, “If we win the election I will gladly show you my tax returns.”
The Truth. On April 26, 2017, Steve Mnuchin the U.S. Secretary of the treasury said, “President Trump has no intention to provide his tax returns, he’s already given enough financial information.”
- Mischaracterized the FBI director and Director of National Intelligence’s testimony about Russian involvement in the 2016 election
Lie: Trump posted the above tweet just hours after FBI Director James Comey and Director of National Intelligence Mike Rogers began testifying about Russian interference in the 2016 election in favor of Trump. Comey testified that the FBI came to believe that Russia was using “active measures” to hurt the Clinton campaign and help the Trump campaign.
“They wanted to hurt our democracy, hurt her and help him,” Comey said. “Putin hated Secretary Clinton so much that the flip side of that coin was that he had a clear preference for the person running against the person he hated so much.”
- Lied about winning the most Electoral College votes since Ronald Reagan.
Trump’s words: “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,” Trump said during a news conference on Feb. 16.
Lie: Trump actually won 304 electoral votes, because two electors refused to cast their vote for him when the Electoral College met.
Several former presidents have also received more electoral votes than Trump. George H. W. Bush won with 426 electoral votes in 1988. Bill Clinton won 370 votes in 1992 and 379 in 1996, and Barack Obama won with 365 votes in 2008.
- Claimed without evidence that “thousands” of people were bused across state lines to vote.
Trump’s words: Trump again claimed there was widespread voter fraud during the November election, this time telling senators “thousands” of people were bussed in from Massachusetts to vote in New Hampshire.
The Story was also reported by the Associated Press.
Lie: Officials at New Hampshire’s secretary of state office, US Attorney’s Office, and Massachusetts’ attorney general’s office said there was no evidence to support the president’s claim.
- Lied that the murder rate was the highest in 45 years
The truth: The US murder rate is at close to an all-time low, and law enforcement experts say Trump’s claim is so far away from the facts that it’s ludicrous. Based on FBI statistics, the murder rate was 5.0 homicides per 100,000 people in 2015, down from a peak in 1980 of 10.2 per 100,000 people. The highest number of total homicides was in 1991 when 24,703 were killed. Though several US cities have seen the number of murders rise from 2015 to 2016, the overall number is still dramatically lower than what it was in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Claimed that terrorist attacks across Europe are “not even being reported”
Trump’s words: In a speech at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida, Trump said that radical Islamic terrorists “are determined to strike our homeland.” He went on to say that terrorism was spreading across Europe, but that the media was refusing to cover it.
“All across Europe you’ve seen what happened in Paris and Nice,” Trump said. “All over Europe, it’s happening. It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it.”
“They have their reasons, and you understand that,” he said without elaborating.
Other attacks that have also received extensive media attention include an attack in Brussels in March 2016, as well as an incident in February 2017 at the Louvre museum in Paris in which a man attempted to use a machete and was shot by a soldier.
Trump provided no evidence of any other attacks that the media has not covered. He didn’t mention any specific incidents,
This list could go on and on but you are probably tired of reading the lies by now so I’ll quit. I’m ashamed to say it but the President of the United States, Donald Trump is a fraud, a phony, a serial liar and totally unqualified to hold the job to which he was elected.
Anyone who reads what I’ve written here and still supports the President is denying reality. Sometimes the best thing one can do for one’s conscience is to admit that you made a mistake and move on. Donald Trump is not only a mistake, he is the father of all mistakes.
And from where I sit, that’s the truth
More links on Trump’s first 100 days.